The prostate is a crucial part of male reproductive system that produces the seminal fluid that carries sperm. Most men, particularly after 60 years of age, develop symptoms of prostate enlargement related issues. Prostate enlargement creates difficulty in urinating such as difficulty starting urination, uncontrolled dribbling during urination etc as it presses on the urethra. Apart from this, other symptoms include burning sensation when urinating, pain behind the scrotum, painful ejaculation etc. Ignoring the prostate problems can lead to dangerous complications such as bladder and kidney infections or in worst cases, can even lead to developing prostate cancer.
These prostate related complications can be either be due to cancerous or non-cancerous prostate enlargement. The common cancerous variety of prostate include prostate cancer which is extremely critical condition, while the common non cancerous variation of prostate enlargement include prostatitis, an inflammatory infection and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). There are several treatment modalities available exclusively for dealing with these complications, but resorting to the following home remedies as well can accelerate the process of recovery.
Pumpkin seeds, for their diuretic properties, are being used for years to treat urination difficulties that are associated non-cancerous enlarged prostates. The seeds also contain an abundance of zinc that helps in strengthening the immune system. The pumpkin seeds can be consumed directly or in form of tea.
Watermelon seeds are also very effective in treating some complications of enlarged prostate. Consuming these seeds in form of tea helps to flush out the system and thus enables to counter prostate related problems.
The corn silk is an age-old remedy for prostate enlargement. Corn silk is consumed by drinking the water with freshly cut corn silk. These corn silks can also be dried for later use.
Soy-based foods are pretty affordable and good to keep prostate problems under check. These soy foods contain phytoestrogens that help to reduce testosterone production which aggravates prostate cancer growth by inducing angiogenesis or blood capillaries formation around tumor.
Adding tomatoes to the diet is a good option as reports suggest that it reduces the risk of prostate cancer to half thanks to the antioxidant properties of the lycopene, a compound that gives tomatoes their characteristic color.
Garlic thanks to its anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties is highly effective in reducing pain, inflammation and in keeping the infection at bay in cases of prostate enlargement due to infectious prostatitic condition. It can be consumed either as a food supplement or in its raw state to get desirable results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has astringent properties that help to shrink enlarged prostates. To get effective results, drink a warm glass of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey twice daily. Another way is to apply it topically by soaking the prostates in a tub of water containing 1 cup or proportionate amount of apple cider vinegar for 10 to 15 minutes. This also imparts an immediate relief to the discomforting pain and gives a soothing effect.
Although the home remedies are effective and tagged “natural” in treating the complications, they can have their share of side effects too. Although, the side effects are very few and can be treated immediately. So, before adopting these remedies, it’s always better to check with your doctor.
Most Popular Today:
- 10 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Underarm Pimples
- 10 Home Remedies For Vaginal Itching And Burning
- Top 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Chikungunya
- 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Ant Bites And Stings
- 15 Amazing Benefits Of Mung Beans For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Best Home Remedies For Hair Dye Allergies
- 8 Easy to Use Home RemediesFor Treating Anal Itching
- 10 Top Home Remedies For Genital Warts
- 8 Home Remedies For Firming Sagging Breasts
- 10 Home Remedies For Leukorrhea Vaginal Discharge
- 10 Home Remedies For Whitening Yellow Teeth
- 10 Amazing Nutrients That Can Shrink Your Belly
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Bone Fracture
- 6 Home Remedies For Hives
- 15 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Seasonal Allergies
- 9 Amazing Diet Tips To Get Rid Of Sciatica
- Top 9 Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose
- 5 Ways To Use Prunella Vulgaris For Herpes
- 5 Methods Of Using Mustard Oil For Sinus Infection
- Top 9 Diet Tips To Boost Your Brain Power
- 6 Simple Natural Ways To Control Diabetes