Popularly known as golden gram or green gram, this green bean is packed with nutrients like Vitamin C, B, manganese, proteins, etc., which are all very pivotal in maintaining our health.
Health Benefits Of Green Gram:
Reduces The Risk Of Heart Disorders
Green gram helps in preventing the unhealthy LDL oxidation of cholesterol and balances the cholesterol levels due to the presence of antioxidants. The antioxidants present in green gram helps in protecting the blood vessels from damage and decreases inflammation. LDL leads to heart disorders and green gram helps in preventing this.
High Protein Source
The beans have impressive amounts of protein content. Albumin and Globulin are the two key storage proteins in mung beans. They make up almost 85% of the amino acids in the beans.
Reduces Blood Pressure
The protein particles called peptides present in mung bean has anti-hypertensive qualities, which greatly helps in lowering blood pressure by reducing blood vessel constriction.
Prevents Cancer Development
The polyphenols and oligosaccharides present in mung helps in combating cancer, as the antioxidants in it is greatly beneficial to prevent cancer development. It is also known to inhibit mutation of the hazardous cells and safeguard DNA.
Type 2 Diabetes
Green gram possesses anti-diabetic properties. It helps in reducing the blood glucose levels, glucagon, triglycerides, plasma C- peptide and cholesterol.
The phytonutrients present in green gram have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that help in fighting against virus and infections. It balances the bacteria in the digestive system and helps absorb the nutrients and increases immunity.
Green gram is rich in protein and fiber and thus gives a filling effect. It decreases hunger levels and hence keeps you satiated. As it fills up your stomach, it prevents unnecessary food intake, which helps in losing weight.
Helps Reduce PMS Symptoms
Hormonal imbalance is the main culprit behind PMS issues. Green gram contains Vitamin B, folate and B6, which are very essential to balance hormones. It also helps in reducing PMS pain such as muscle pain, headache, cramps, tiredness and mood fluctuations.
Green gram is great for detox. Consuming mung bean regularly can help in flushing out the toxins and the unnecessary chemicals from the system.
Healthy Eye Sight
A cup of sprouted mung bean contains 14mg of Vitamin C, which helps in supporting healthy eyesight due to the anti-oxidant activity.
The presence of high levels of fiber in mung bean helps in greatly improving the activity in the intestine and facilitates smooth flushing out of faces.
Elastin and collagen are the primary elements helping in maintaining a healthy skin tone. Mung bean contains an enzyme called phytoestrogen, which aids in the secretion of these elements keeping the skin healthy.
Consuming mung beans is quite beneficial in treating acne. Since the beans are known for their cooling effect, it helps in clearing heat and toxins from the body.
The green gram powder has a mild abrasive texture, which helps to gently remove the grime, dirt, sebum and dead cells from the skin. Also, applying a paste made of lemon juice, yogurt and green gram powder on the skin to get rid of dark spots, blemishes, pigmentation and acne scars.
Strengthens Hair And Nail
Vitamin and mineral deficiencies cause hair and nails to become weak. Mung bean is enriched with vitamins, minerals and proteins, which help in preventing fragility of hair and nails.
Most Popular Today:
- 10 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Underarm Pimples
- 10 Home Remedies For Vaginal Itching And Burning
- Top 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Chikungunya
- 15 Amazing Benefits Of Mung Beans For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Top Home Remedies For Genital Warts
- 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Ant Bites And Stings
- 10 Best Home Remedies For Hair Dye Allergies
- 8 Home Remedies For Firming Sagging Breasts
- 8 Easy to Use Home RemediesFor Treating Anal Itching
- 10 Home Remedies For Whitening Yellow Teeth
- 10 Home Remedies For Leukorrhea Vaginal Discharge
- 10 Amazing Nutrients That Can Shrink Your Belly
- 6 Home Remedies For Hives
- 7 Amazing Home Remedies To Treat Blisters On Tongue
- 12 Easy DIY Home Remedies For Milia
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Seasonal Allergies
- 9 Amazing Diet Tips To Get Rid Of Sciatica
- Top 9 Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose
- 5 Ways To Use Prunella Vulgaris For Herpes
- 5 Methods Of Using Mustard Oil For Sinus Infection
- Top 9 Diet Tips To Boost Your Brain Power
- 6 Simple Natural Ways To Control Diabetes