Underarm pimples are red bumps usually caused by bacteria and bodily oils that clog the pores and cause infection. Another reason for these irritating bumps are wrong way of shaving and ingrown hair. Sometimes while shaving, the pointed tip of the hair digs back into the skin and causes these unsightly pimples. The accumulation of sweat and dirt often clogs the pores and causes bacteria. Maintaining good hygiene is important to get rid of underarm pimples.
If your sweat glands are more active than others and you wear clothes that have been washed in low quality detergent; that too can lead to bacteria growth. Even the deodorant you use can irritate the skin and cause underarm pimples. Along with practicing good hygiene here are 10 simple home remedies which can help you get rid of underarm pimples.
Home Remedies For Underarm Pimples
Keep Underarms Clean and Dry
As sweat can lead to underarm pimples, you need to wash your underarms more frequently if you sweat profusely. Keeping the underarm dry is all the more important for keeping bacteria growth at bay. Wear clothes that can allow free flow of air in your underarms and prevent sweating. To keep underarms dry, wear an antiperspirant. But wearing chemical laden antiperspirant can make the problem worse by clogging the pores. Avoid products containing fragrances and chemicals. This will further irritate your skin and cause reaction. So it is better to go for natural antiperspirants like baking soda and milk of magnesia.
Shave your underarms only in the direction of your hair growth. Before shaving, apply warm water after adding salt and wait for 10 minutes to soften the hair. Mix ½ tsp salt in a cup of warm water. Dip cotton ball and apply on the underarm. This will help you to avoid friction that irritates the skin. Apply a thick layer of shaving cream to avoid skin irritation while shaving. Use clean and sharp razor but do not press the razor too hard on the skin. Use separate razor for legs. If possible, use new razor blades each time you shave your underarms instead of using the same old worn out ones.
Use Calamine Lotion
Cleansing of the underarms must be done without fail everyday before going to bed to avoid bacterial growth and allow the skin to breathe. First cleanse with warm salt water and then apply calamine lotion on the pimples. It will help to reduce the occurrence of pimples by improving skin health and bring relief from pimples.
Use Natural Deodorant
Coconut oil can be used as natural deodorant for underarms. Apply and massage few drops of coconut oil on your underarms. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then wash off using mild soap. This will help to get rid of odor and also moisturize the underarm skin.
If underarm pimples are causing irritation, instant relief can be received by application of ice. Wrap an ice cube in a piece of cloth or aluminum foil. Apply on the pimples as it will bring a soothing affect.
Aloe Vera Gel
When you have pimples on your underarms and your skin becomes inflamed and irritated, avoid shaving and waxing. Apply aloe Vera gel which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to soothe inflamed skin and treat the pimples. Mask the pimples with Aloe Vera gel spot treatment to get rid of them quickly.
Baking soda is another effective remedy for treating underarm pimples. Make a thick paste using baking soda and water and apply the paste to your underarms and leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash the area thoroughly. It will exfoliate dead skin cells and help to get rid of pimples. Baking soda does not cause any reaction on sensitive skin. For quick relief, add few drops of lemon juice in baking soda paste and apply over the pimples. Wait for 5 minutes and wash off with slightly warm water. Apply moisturizer to avoid dryness.
Extract juice from 5-6 basil leaves and apply directly on the pimples after cleaning your underarms. Leave them overnight and wash in morning. After 2-3 application, pimples will be gone.
Honey is also a good remedy for treating underarm pimples because it has anti-bacterial properties. Apply directly on the pimples. Leave it on the skin till it dries. Wash the area with water to see the magical effect of honey.
The anti-bacterial properties of garlic can help cure underarm pimples. Extract juice from 2-3 cloves of garlic. Add 2-3 drops of water and apply topically to get rid of pimples fast.
Most Popular Today:
- 10 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Underarm Pimples
- 10 Home Remedies For Vaginal Itching And Burning
- Top 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Chikungunya
- 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Ant Bites And Stings
- 15 Amazing Benefits Of Mung Beans For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Best Home Remedies For Hair Dye Allergies
- 8 Easy to Use Home RemediesFor Treating Anal Itching
- 10 Top Home Remedies For Genital Warts
- 8 Home Remedies For Firming Sagging Breasts
- 10 Home Remedies For Leukorrhea Vaginal Discharge
- 10 Home Remedies For Whitening Yellow Teeth
- 10 Amazing Home Remedies To Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Bone Fracture
- 15 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Amazing Nutrients That Can Shrink Your Belly
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Seasonal Allergies
- 9 Amazing Diet Tips To Get Rid Of Sciatica
- Top 9 Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose
- 5 Ways To Use Prunella Vulgaris For Herpes
- 5 Methods Of Using Mustard Oil For Sinus Infection
- Top 9 Diet Tips To Boost Your Brain Power
- 6 Simple Natural Ways To Control Diabetes
Pure Coldpressed Castor Carrier + Sweet Almond Oil 100 ml (1+1 Bottles)
Retone 60 Veg Caps
- Pure Coldpressed Sweet Almond Oil 100 ml From: ₹375.00
- Pure Coldpressed Castor Carrier Oil 100 ml From: ₹175.00
Green Coffee+ (Garcinia + Green Coffee + Green Tea) 60 Veg Caps