Para-phenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair dyes, is known to trigger mild to severe allergic reactions. Hence, it is always advisable to do a hair dye patch test at least 24 hours before applying a hair dye to make sure that you are not sensitive to the product. However, if you have skipped the test and developed mild allergic reaction after applying the dye, you can easily treat it at home with simple natural remedies.
Before using any home remedy, at first thoroughly wash your hair with a shampoo to remove all traces of hair dye that may remain on your scalp and hair to prevent further worsening of the problem. To heal the allergy symptoms, select one or more home remedy of your choice.
Here Are The 10 Best Home Remedies For Hair Dye Allergies:
Add some baking soda to a mild shampoo. Add a small amount of warm water to make a smooth paste. Spread the baking soda and shampoo paste on your scalp and hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash your hair. This will help in removing all traces of the irritants from your hair and scalp and will provide fast relief from the allergic reaction.
Add one to two cups of uncooked oatmeal to lukewarm bathwater. Soak in the bath for 15 to 20 minutes. Oatmeal helps in calming the irritated skin and reduces itching and discomfort.
Apply olive oil to your irritated skin two to three times a day. By soothing the skin, olive oil reduces the itching and discomfort.
Lemon Juice and Yogurt
A hair mask made by combining lemon juice and yogurt can help in soothing the irritated scalp. The mild anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties of lemon juice help in providing relief from scalp itching. Yogurt contains lactic acid that apart from soothing the skin aids exfoliation, which helps in speeding up the healing process.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Rinse your scalp and hair with diluted apple cider vinegar. It helps in cleaning the area and stimulates the healing process. Moreover, naturopaths recommend intake of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water to strengthen the healing mechanism of the body.
To treat the itchy scalp caused by hair dye allergy, massage your scalp with coconut oil. Leave the oil on the scalp for 20 minutes. Wash with mild shampoo. Coconut oil helps in moisturizing and soothing the irritated skin.
Sesame Seed Oil
The anti-inflammatory property of sesame seed oil helps in providing relief from swelling and redness of the skin that occurs because of the allergic reaction. For fast relief from hair dye allergy, massage your scalp and body with sesame seed oil.
Applying juice extracted from fresh basil leaves to the affected skin helps in providing fast relief from the symptoms of allergic reactions. Thymol and camphor present in basil leaves are known for their anti-itching properties.
The cooling property of mint helps in soothing the irritated skin that helps in providing relief from itching. Boil a handful of mint leaves for about 10 minutes. Cool the decoction. Soak a cotton ball in the cool decoction and rub it on the irritated areas. You may even freeze the decoction and apply the mint ice cubes on the affected areas.
For fast relief from allergic reactions, apply honey to the irritated areas on your scalp and skin. Honey helps in soothing the skin and helps in reducing inflammation. Mix a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of olive oil and spread it on your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
Most Popular Today:
- 10 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Underarm Pimples
- 10 Home Remedies For Vaginal Itching And Burning
- Top 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Chikungunya
- 15 Amazing Benefits Of Mung Beans For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Top Home Remedies For Genital Warts
- 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Ant Bites And Stings
- 10 Best Home Remedies For Hair Dye Allergies
- 8 Home Remedies For Firming Sagging Breasts
- 8 Easy to Use Home RemediesFor Treating Anal Itching
- 10 Home Remedies For Whitening Yellow Teeth
- 10 Home Remedies For Leukorrhea Vaginal Discharge
- 10 Amazing Nutrients That Can Shrink Your Belly
- 6 Home Remedies For Hives
- 7 Amazing Home Remedies To Treat Blisters On Tongue
- 12 Easy DIY Home Remedies For Milia
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Seasonal Allergies
- 9 Amazing Diet Tips To Get Rid Of Sciatica
- Top 9 Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose
- 5 Ways To Use Prunella Vulgaris For Herpes
- 5 Methods Of Using Mustard Oil For Sinus Infection
- Top 9 Diet Tips To Boost Your Brain Power
- 6 Simple Natural Ways To Control Diabetes